Gourmet Sailing operates two yachts, which you may wish to book separately or together depending the size of your group. All Gourmet Sailing charters are private, so your group will have exclusive use of the yacht. If you are in the Nelson area you are most welcome to come down to the marina for a tour of the yachts - please contact us to arrange a time.
Both yachts have comfortable bedrooms, fully equipped kitchens, powerpoints to charge your electronic devices and spacious decks to enjoy the scenery. All bedding, towels and bathroom toiletries are provided. Both our yachts exceed Maritime New Zealand safety standards.
65 ft Ketch
Our 65ft yacht designed by New Zealand's award winning Dennis Ganley was built right here in sunny Nelson. She offers spacious decks where 30 guests can spread out, and a comfortable interior for 10 overnight guests plus crew.
- Overnight charters accommodate 10 guests: one double cabin with en suite and two cabins of single beds.
- Large open deck with seating and lounging space surrounded by a sturdy railing from which you’ll soak up the sun and scenery.
- Stern boarding platform for ease in boarding when you are on your way to the beach or a swim.
- Covered wheelhouse offers respite from the Tasman sun where you can still enjoy the seascapes.
- Charter guests enjoy the well-appointed dining area accented with beautiful beech wood cabinetry.
- Fully equipped kitchen; 2 fridges, freezer, gas oven, microwave and cockpit BBQ.
51 ft Beneteau
Our 51ft yacht is designed specifically for comfortable sailing. Designed by Philippe Briand and built in France, she provides spacious accommodation for up to 8 overnight guests. For day trips she’s licensed for up to 20 passengers plus crew.
- 4 double guest cabins plus a crew cabin, each with private en suites (shower and toilet). Comfortable beds and plenty of headroom in the cabins.
- Outdoor seating area with an adjustable canopy and large, open deck.
- Spacious salon with dining area and fully equipped kitchen. Onboard fridge, freezer, and gas stove, plus a cockpit barbeque. Option to self-cater, or enjoy dishes from the seasonal menu designed by our chef, served by your own onboard stewardess.
- Modern stereo - feel free to bring your own ipod, mp3 player, CDs etc.
- Teak bowsprit – great spot to view dolphins up close!